Those Dreaded Enlarged Pores
OK everyone looks at their skin and wishes their pores were smaller, and many companies out there claim to “shrink and close” those dreaded enlarged pores, but unfortunately no one can deliver those claims.
What Are Pores
Skin pores are the small openings and a port from which hair grows and the skins own natural oil is released onto the skin. Everyone has pores all different sizes. Here are some reasons why pores appear enlarged over other pores;
You are, just the lucky person to have inherited your family’s skin map. Oily skin tends to have larger pores and appear to be enlarged due to the mer function of allowing to oil to be secreted and tends to become thickened because of this the oil tends to adhere the skin cells acting in sense like glue permitting thickening and clogging.
When oil is secreted and allowed to oxidize, it then creates a blackhead. If the blackhead plug remains in the pore for a period of time, it slowly collects sebum underneath stretching and breaking down the cellular wall of the pore. Once this happens it’s impossible to shrink up the pore to it’s once small opening.
Years of intense sun exposure causes the outer layer of the skin thicken and lose the collagen, elastin and water which causes the tissues beneath the skin to shrink pulling down the edges of the pore causing them to appear enlarged.
I can spot a smoker a mile away! This is probably the worst offender of enlarged pores. There is simply, a thick, enlarged pore, un refined look to the skin. It has a look all it’s own, and so easily to avoid! If I can persuade anyone out there to quite, I will always try my BEST! If the health aspects to haven’t gotten to you, then sometimes the esthetics and vanity just may do the trick!
Oxygen is carried through the blood stream and that is what feeds and heals the dermas and epidermis. By smoking your sucking Carbon Monoxide robing the valuable oxygen from getting to the skin cells.
Smoking delays and often blocks wound healing, the lack of oxygen decreases collagen synthesis, disallowing the skin to net together. Not to mention, enlarged pores, rough ugly texture of the skin, orange or grey coloration, rapid premature aging, excessive deep wrinkling, just to name a few.
Make sure your cosmetics are non comedogenic and oil free.
Enlarged Pores Treatment
There is no cure for enlarged pores but you can target the causes of enlarged pores and help diminish their appearance. The key to diminishing their appearance are;
[lists bullet=”ordered” type=”style1″]
- Regular facials removing impurities on a regular bases keeps pores from collecting blackheads and sebum and loosing cellular pore break down.
- Microdermabrasion exfoliates the dead skin layers and clogged pores, stimulates collagen production so skin looks really smooth.
- Alpha and Beta Acids used on a regular bases breaks down the oil (glue) and prevents the skin cells from building up and clogging the pores. Depending on your skin condition, Alpha or a Glycolic with Hyloronic acid is better for sensitive normal combination skin and Beta Acid (salicylic acid) is better for oily problematic skin.
- If your skin needs a something a little stronger, Retin-A or Retinol helps unclog pores and speeds up cellular turnover, also good for fine lines.
- A regular monthly professional facial peel of Mandelic and Salicylic helps improve appearance of pores by exfoliating surface cells and combating sebum packed pores, if you skin is oily.
- Eating a healthy diet, regular exercise helps circulation, plenty of rest and limit or omit sun exposure, alcohol, smoking to keep the skin in its best elasticity great pore health!
[widget title=”Other Skin Care Articles” type=”post” layout=”2-column”][/widget]